Saturday, 16 October 2010

I am going to be on TV on Blue Peter!!!!!!


On Wednesday Blue Peter and their crew came to our school!

Blue Peter have been having a Christmas card appeal where they send out packs of cards for children to decorate and then these designs go to Tescos to be sold and the money goes to a great charity called Whizz Kids which helps disabled and wheelchair bound children to lead better lives!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/getinvolved/appeal.shtml
Check out the website for details
Our year , year 4, at our school Sandcross was chosen to be filmed as a little boy in our year is involved in Whizz Kids as he is in a wheelchair.

Andy (from blue peter) asked us to do some Christmas cards that will be sold in Tesco's. They will say our names on the back of them. We were filmed for about an hour making the cards, just our year, year 4 of Sandcross School.

A few minutes later someone from formula one came in :) Lewis Hamilton! He went and said hello to us all!

While we were making our cards the camera crew started telling us what to do while we saying something. Then I was filmed!! :)

I hope I am on the tv saying what I had to say but if not I will still be on there with my year making the cards so see if you can spot me!

You can watch it on 25 October 4:30 BBC1. If you are not in then you can watch it on BBC I Player . http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Hope you can see me!

18 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news Lola!!! Congratulations! We don't have that channel but Kaylie and I will try and watch it from the sight you mentioned!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lola, that is fabalous news, I will definately look out for it with Megan :0)
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Lola. I hope you are on the television. I bet everyone in your House will be glued to the television. What a nice surprise for your class to meet Lewis Hamilton.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola how wonderful and exciting for you! It's fabulous and although it's been a few years since I've watched Blue Peter myself I will look out for you! :o))

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lola!!! Will try to watch on the web as we don't have BBC.

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW how exciting I shall make sure I will sit down with a cup of tea and watch. I will also buy the cards from Tescos please let me know when they go on sale as I don't visit Tesco's very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoe exciting Lola you must be really pleased.

    I used to love watching Blue Peter when I was a little girl.

    It isn't on TV here in America but I hope I can see it on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe if I can work out how to record it onto disc I can upload the video onto blogger, there must be some way! Your so little I hope we can see you lol xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lola! This is so exiciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous day you must have had! I have set my sky player!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting for you!! Well done for helping the charity!
    Thanks for the link - it means I can check it out from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be so happy to be on TV and all for charity i will watch out for you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone,
    I hope you can see me as I'm so small!
    But look out for a black headband with polka-dots and a bow on it cause that me!
    Thanks!
    Lola
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kat I think the cards are out about 20th October but I'll try and find out. all the money goes to whizzkids, children in wheelchairs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete