Saturday, 1 May 2010

My New Miniature Project, The Brambly Hedge Mouse House






Hello my name is Lola and I love Miniatures! My Mamma (Kate) came home with a project for us to work on.
It was a two story dolls house with two rooms which were the same size.
First I wanted it as a hat shop but I thought that would be better as a 1 story house.
Inspired by the Brambly Hedge books by Jill Barklem I wanted to make my house into a country mouse house.
The lower floor will be the kitchen, and the upper floor will be the bedroom.
Please follow this blog as I will carry on working and there will be loads of of stuff about the house for you to see as we work on it. Also I will show what we make, how we make it, and what we buy, so lots to see!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lola!

    You are so pretty! I like your outfit!! I am excited to follow your blog and see your mouse house come to life!

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lola,
    You have a very beautiful name. Your name it is one of the most famous Spanish names, very common in Spain (where I live)
    I can wait to see your progress with your mouse house. I am sure that will be great.
    Welcome to blogland
    Un beso (a kiss in Spanish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lola.
    Lovely to see your new blog and your fab mouse house. Can't wait to see eveything you do and make.
    I love the pictures you have here too, and going to see if i can find more like it on google images. Thank you for showing them because they have inspired me with an oven i have been unsure about.
    I loved dressing up at your age too!
    Looking forward to meeting you at KDF too.
    Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lola, I love the look of the books you have chosen. Such pretty colours. I can't wait to see what you do with your mouse house. I am a mom of a little boy and I still like dressing up and imagining I am a princess. It helps that my boys treat me like I am one! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lola,
    I cannot wait to see how your mouse house progresses!! I am sure you will have lots of fun with your blog & make lots of new friends!!
    Kerry :o) .x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Lola.

    Just found this mouse house for you.

    http://ullam.typepad.com/ullabenulla/2009/10/mouse-house.html

    It's beautiful!

    Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Lola, You are such a prerry girl. I love love love your dress. You and your mom will enjoy doing your blog together I'm sure. Your mouse house is going to be wonderful. I can't wait to see more :) Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lola, what a great blog!! I have a daughter the same age as you, so we will both be checking in to see what amazing things you do to your mouse house!! Have fun!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Lola! Your project like so much fun...can't wait to see the progress. Welcome to BlogWorld!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lola,
    What a great idea! The Brambley Hedges books are lovely and were one of my favourites at your age. I can't wait to see how you get on with your country mouse house.
    Have fun!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Lola! Thank you for starting your blog. I live in Canada, and I love miniatures, too!

    I used to draw lots of mice in their houses when I was your age, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with your Mouse House :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lola, Love your blog page. Look forward to seeing your mouse house as you do it :-). I also love your outfit very Gothic :-). I have some bits and bobs which your mouse might like so will post them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lola, Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm looking forward to following your blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lola..what a wonderful idea for your house :) Looking forward to seeing the progress you make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome Princess Lola to Blogland ! I wish you a wonderful time here !!!Let´s share our love for miniatures :o)
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao Principessa Lola, it's nice to meet you. If you want you can go to the house that a friend of mine has done with her daughters. The link is www.minipottery.it by Elisabetta Buffati. She has done a Brambley Hedge house too.Have fun wit your Mum and I'll follow you Mini hugs Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lola,
    My name is Megan and my mum, Julia, just showed me your blog. I will follow your mouse house, I have a fairy tower. I wish I could have a blog too, but I will leave comments for you and perhaps you could leave me some replies.
    Luv Megan x (age 11)

    PS I love your dress :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to Blogland, Princess Lola! You are adorable, and quite the little fashionista! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your sweet mousehouse!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lola!

    What a wonderful mouse house you are doing! :o) I love Brambly Hedge and I remember looking at all the wonderful pictures when I was a little girl!

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to Blogland Lola. You and your Mum will have great fun decorating and filling this house together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Princess Lola, Your Brambly Hedge house will be darling. I look forward to seeing it's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome Princess Lola, I also love your idea and since I'm new to miniatures you will probably be teaching me some projects. Keep us posted because you have a wonderful idea and I can't wait to see the progress. Be sure to post your lists and ideas. Have you on my RSS Feeds so I don't miss any postings.
    Lady Lavendar

    ReplyDelete